The Australian Culinary Federation National Office Inc. was formed in 1994 by a group of passionate chefs that had a vision for change in the representation of Cooks, Chefs, Apprentices and Culinary Students,
WHAT we do
“The Australian Culinary Federation is dedicated to promoting camaraderie and culinary education of chefs, cooks, apprentices and culinary students that raise the skill levels, personal growth, industry profile and wellbeing of the entire industry”.
WHO are the member’s?
In a nutshell: Chefs, cooks, apprentices and culinary students who are currently working – or studying – in the industry, professionals not qualified as chefs working in the industry or related industries
WHY should you become a member?
Firstly there’s no other industry association that specifically represents the whole culinary community at a state and national & International level.
- The ACF is the peak industry body representing professional chefs, cooks, young chefs, apprentices and culinary students across all matters relevant to the cooking and hospitality industries.
- We participate in and advise the establishment, maintenance and improvement of Australian culinary competitions as advised by the World Association of Chef’s Societies (WACS)
- We are committed to developing the professional skills & knowledge of our members and the broader industry by provision of workshops from industry experts, mentoring programs, industry mental health awareness, social consciousness and sustainability
- We inspire camaraderie through social and professional networking using social media, workshops, professional functions and meetings
- We are inclusive and respectful of individuals gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity or religious beliefs
The ACF is directly driven by Chefs, for Chefs.
We collaborate with other associations – and the food service industry in general, – at both national and state level. As an ACF member, you can enhance your professional skills through: Educational Opportunities Specialised Workshops, Master Classes and Judging Seminars & Industry Tours Chef Certification programs through World Chefs & ACF Networking Opportunities The organisation also offers great networking opportunities with fellow chefs & industry professionals. Social events, lunches/dinners at discounted prices The chance to join fellow chefs and other industry colleagues at various events to raise the standards of your profession and demonstrate your commitment to the industry. Community Engagement ACF National Conference Bi - annually Competitions Compete & Judge in regional & national competitions. The ability to be eligible based on criteria, to apply for selection to the Australian Culinary Squad.
ACF members receive:
- A membership card, certificate, Digital Badge, ACF Pin & Gift
- Discounted fees for classes, workshops & events
- Chat, the regular newsletter that distributes all our information on competitions, events & industry news to our member's
- Automatic membership of World Chefs (WACS) through the ACF and the opportunity to attend the World Chefs Congress, which is held in a different country every two years. Participate in the full Congress programme, which includes innovative topics for discussion, culinary workshops and demonstrations by international chefs, as well many social events
- ACF website providing diverse information on events, industry news, members’ activities, competitions & instant links to our Culinary Partners and other websites.
- The opportunity to advertise jobs & business on our website.
- Professional Chef Member - 12 Months $110, 3 Years $231, 5 Years $445.50
Must be a qualified Chef, Pastry Chef with trade qualification, equivalent international qualification or relevant experience
- Junior Member - $49.50
Is a student enrolled in an accredited post-secondary culinary education program, a registered apprentice, a student or apprentice with less than two years full-time employment post-graduation or qualification (regardless of age) or a chef under the age of 25. The following documentation will be accepted as proof of your status. Student ID, proof of enrolment, apprenticeship papers, qualification certificate less than 2 years old.
- Student Member - $22
Secondary student enrolled in Cert in hospitality (kitchen operations) 16 – 18 years old, receives same benefits as a Junior Member but has no voting rights.
- Associate Membership - $110
Is an individual not qualified or employed as a chef, receives same benefits as Professional Chef Member but has no voting rights
- Defence Force Membership - $60.50
The ACF offers military personnel the benefits of membership at a reduced price, has completed cert lll & is currently serving.
- International Membership - $253
Is a qualified chef not working in Australia, resume is required to be sent to the office, receives same benefits as Professional Chef Member but has no voting rights
- Retired Members - $49.50
Is a previous full member of the association & is currently not working.
- Establishment Membership - $550
A single kitchen/restaurant or industry related business at one location, 6 memberships. Membership resides with the establishment, all memberships receive the same benefits as Professional Chef Members but have no voting rights. Please contact the office if you require further clarification.
- Life Membership -
Awarded to a member for the ongoing contribution to the association at a regional level.
- Honorary Life Membership
Awarded to a member for their ongoing work & achievement for the Australian Culinary Federation & the Hospitality Industry at a National Level
Please contact the office if you would like information on the following memberships:
- Training Provider Membership
- Corporate Membership
- Training Provider Premium Membership
- Corporate Premium Membership
So with more members, the ACF has a louder voice to fight for issues important to the culinary industry and to protect chefs’ professional values
"We deliver quality vocational education that identifies individual needs and potentials of each student. We are passionate in helping you to succeed and achieve your goal. We realise there has to be a balance between work and study for any student to succeed. We are here to support you by providing: • Flexible learning methods • Language, Literacy and Numeracy support • Career pathway support • Job preparedness support"
Are you looking to improve the performance and profitability of your hospitality business?
AVTES can help you build your dream hospitality business through our business and training services.
AVTES is an industry leading provider of training and business services to the hospitality industry. Working with Victorian hospitality businesses since 1997, we have been helping hospitality businesses;
- achieve their business and revenue goals
- reduce staff turnover and build a loyal workforce
- improve staff performance and business profitability
We have a reputation for quality, innovation, flexibility and personal attention and would love to work with you on building your hospitality business.